Hey there, crypto enthusiasts! It’s time for another exciting edition of “The Crypto Chronicles,” where we dive into the wild world of hacking news and mischief in the cryptocurrency realm. Grab your popcorn and get ready for a rollercoaster ride of jaw-dropping events that took place within the past 24 hours. Buckle up, folks!
1. Magnate Finance’s Meltdown: In a shocking turn of events, the TVL (Total Value Locked) of Magnate Finance on Base took a nosedive of approximately $6.4 million. It seems the developer had a change of heart, altering the provider of the price oracle and ditching all the assets. It’s like they pressed the “Exit” button faster than a cheetah chasing its prey. Talk about a sudden disappearing act!
2. Pepe’s Prosperous Pilfering: The sneaky Pepe Deployer strikes again! About four months ago, this mischievous character executed a masterful transfer of 26.7 trillion $PEPE to a mysterious address. But that’s not all, folks. Just a few hours ago, the Pepe GnosisSafeProxy slyly moved 16 trillion $PEPE, worth a whopping $16.85 million, around various CEXs (crypto exchanges). Seems like Pepe is enjoying quite the unexpected shopping spree!
3. Immutable’s Mysterious Moves: The plot thickens! In a twist that Sherlock Holmes would envy, a labeled address associated with Immutable Project Development Treasury made a hush-hush transfer of approximately 47.16 million $IMX to an enigmatic address. Just 16 hours ago, the latter transferred 1.68 million $IMX (worth around $1.02 million) to Coinbase Prime Deposit. Are they playing a high-stakes game of cryptocurrency hide-and-seek? We can only wonder!
4. Voyager Makes a Round Trip: The labeled address of Voyager decided it was time for some sightseeing and transferred around 12.9 million $USDC to none other than Circle. Perhaps they’re taking a detour to explore the art of stablecoins? We hope they’re enjoying the journey!
5. Palmswap’s Exploited Expedition: Brace yourselves, adventurers! Palmswap, the latest victim of a cunning exploiter, witnessed a daring heist where a staggering 901,455.9 $USDT vanished from the LP Vault contract on July 24th. As a souvenir, the Palmswap exploiter’s labeled address promptly transferred around 835.6 $BNB (approximately 183.6K) to none other than TornadoCash. Looks like someone is trying to clean up their tracks!
6. The SIM Swap Saga: In a puzzling twist, crypto investor ZachXBT experienced a mind-boggling $13.3 million worth of stolen cryptos due to SIM swap attacks. Talk about a case of misplaced identity! The main address involved in this saga, identified as 0x10FC…b49d, wasted no time transferring the stolen funds to eXch and various CEXs. And if that wasn’t enough, the SIM swap exploiter even had a chat with some phishing addresses, including the infamous #PinkDrainer. It’s like they stumbled into a virtual world of dodgy characters and double-crossing villains!
And there you have it, folks, the latest chapter in the ever-evolving crypto landscape. From grand exits to sneaky transfers and audacious exploits, the world of cryptocurrencies never fails to keep us on our toes. Stay tuned for the next episode of “The Crypto Chronicles,” where we’ll uncover more thrilling tales from the land of pixels and blockchains. Until then, keep your wallets secure and remember to check your SIM card’s allegiance!